Organized in 1979 as a separate charitable entity independent of church operational funds, MPC Foundation’s purpose is:
- To establish a means for individuals to give donations of money, stock, land or other tangible property in such a manner that the gifts are invested and continue to grow and increase in perpetuity.
- To establish a means for individuals to request funding for charitable and religious purposes and to administer their disbursements.
MPC Foundation’s Board of Trustees ensures the protection of this Foundation and its mission is:
- To accept funds.
- To receive and evaluate requests, and disburse funds according to the bylaws of this Foundation which will limit disbursements so the Foundation will continue to grow.
- To assist any who desires to donate assets to the MPC Foundation.
- To annually educate our congregation on Foundation activities.
Although giving is its own reward, your donation to MPC Foundation will be prized for:
- Providing an avenue to give monies, appreciated stock, and/or property in order to promote Christianity.
- Continuing to generate funds so that your one-time gift will multiply, just as Jesus’ parable of sowing seeds on good soil.
- Being a 501c3 tax deductible gift.
- Allowing us to give to our church, outside of our church operational fund, for the benefit of charitable causes.
- Experiencing the joy of giving fruitfully and growing a legacy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I donate?
Donations of money, appreciated investments and real estate or other assets are welcomed.
You may designate the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will or an insurance policy.
You may honor a special person, celebrate a special occasion such as an anniversary or remember a beloved person eternally.
Annuities may be set up through the Foundation to provide an income to the donor.
How do I donate?
Simply write a check to the Maitland Presbyterian Church Foundation, 341 N. Orlando Ave. Maitland, FL 32751
How are donations invested?
Monies are invested in stocks, bonds, CD’s, mutual funds and money markets according to the “Prudent Man Rule” of investing.
Investments are reviewed annually.
How are funds distributed?
A maximum of four percent of investment portfolio’s value at year end are dispersed the following year.
Grants are awarded for charitable, Christian causes in six key areas: Basic Human Need, Children & Youth, Compassion, Evangelism, Hunger Programs and Mission.
How do I request funds?
Trustees meet regularly to consider requests.